[Koha-devel] Updating priorities

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Fri Nov 2 22:18:08 CET 2012

Paul,

As I've suggested last week, I tried to think of updating the priority
> flag to use it for "complexity" :
> >  * Change the priority flag use on bugzilla. Currently, this flag is not
> > really used by anyone. We would like to change it's content to the
> > following values, to reflect the complexity of a patch:
> > 1- trivial patch template/doc only
> > 2- trivial patch - minor Perl code
> > 3- low risk of side-effect
> > 4- medium risk of side effect, but don't underestimate it
> > 5- High risk of side effect, be very careful !
> > We would also add a wiki page explaining how to choose the value.
> > The value can be set by anyone (patch submitter, sign-offer, QA team,
> > RM), and will just be a helper when someone want to pick up a patch for
> > testing or QAing.
>
> The problem is that, on lists, this flag is reduced to 7 characters.
> That's small...
> I see 2 options:
>  * find a very short description for the 5 complexity proposed. I tried,
> but could not. If someone else has an idea ?
>  * create a new custom field "Complexity", with those 5 values. I've
> checked, and, in lists, custom fields are not truncated, so we could have:
>  - 1-Triv TT/doc
>  - 2-Triv Perl
>  - 3-Small patch
>  - 4-Medium patch
>  - 5-Large patch
>
> Does somone have another idea ? I do this one ?

What about:
1-string patch
2-trivial patch
3-small patch
4-medium patch
5-large patch

If the problem is just lists, this is an issue for those people who look at
a lot of lists: RM, QAers, and Signers off. People in those categories can
learn to understand "1-strin," "2-trivi," "3-small," "4-mediu," and
"5-large."

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/