[Koha-devel] RSS and SMS overdues cronjob

Martin Renvoize martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com
Mon Nov 5 10:04:06 CET 2012

We have a number of customers using the rss feeds script, though none using
the sms script.  It's probably something that should be updated to use
template toolkit as well to prevent the extra dependency. (It's been on my
tto do list for a while now, but i've not yet had a chance to do it.)

Martin

On 2 November 2012 13:19, Jared Camins-Esakov <jcamins at cpbibliography.com>wrote:

> Nicole,
>
> I don't know anyone using SMS, but the SMS script links to a sys pref
>> that lets you turn it on - I don't know if you want to remove that.
>> Also the RSS one allows for custom RSS feeds doesn't it? I have it
>> documented in the manual, it's optional, but I don't see a reason to
>> remove it if it works for some people.
>>

> If it works for some people, then we will need to add HTML::Template::Pro
> back as a dependency of Koha, at least. Which is fine, but is something
> that we should probably know before we ship a major version of Koha with
> non-functioning features. However, I have no idea whether the scripts
> actually work, or whether they've been replaced by modern functionality, or
> what.
>
> Regards,
> Jared
>
> --
> Jared Camins-Esakov
> Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
> (phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
> (e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
> (web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/

Martin Renvoize