[Koha-devel] [QA] 2 short QA questions

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at biblibre.com
Fri Nov 9 09:45:00 CET 2012

Hi all (and particularly QAers)

I have 2 questions for the QA team.

1/ About bug 8687, a proposed patch (
http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=12713&action=diff)
removes perlcritic warnings. This way of doing is particularly brutal, it
completely removes the code :)

So we have 2 solutions :
- To propose a patch to replace ALL
  eval { require "$FindBin::Bin/../kohalib.pl" };
with
  my $lib = "$FindBin::Bin/../kohalib.pl"
  eval { require $lib};
in the misc scripts.
Like this, perlcritic is happy...

- We add a prerequisite for the misc scripts : the PERL5LIB environment
variable has to be set with the koha path and we delete these lines.

2/ Recently I suggested a followup (to fix QA issues) for a bug (bug 7067)
and I switched the status to 'passed qa'. I thought it was easier to let
the RM review a simple patch instead of asking for a new sign off and
another QA. I understand that we don't want to have patches without review
and test. But in this case (and in most cases when I suggest a new patch
while passing QA) it is a simple patch and starting again a new iteration
(SO + QA) burn off energy and/or could block a patch for several weeks in
this status.
Maybe this point is a non-problem and will be fixed with new status :)

For discussion,

Jonathan