[Koha-devel] Koha and MariaDB - lets switch and start testing

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:16:05 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Chris Nighswonger
<cnighswonger at foundations.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> What's the compatibility level for InnoDB and what steps are needed to
>> get the DB running in MariaDB?
>

> MariaDB is a fork of MySQL. Other than those already noted in my initial
> response, I noted no issues using MariaDB as a drop-in for MySQL. I was not,
> however, running on a production system. Note, however, that you can install
> MariaDB over top of MySQL db files and it will pickup without issue, so the
> switch is very simple.

Thanks for your response. I know what MariaDB is, is just that I know
InnoDB as is does not exist on MariaDB but a replacement (XtraDB)
which I know does not implement everything InnoDB does. It doesn't
mean it wouldn't implement everything we (Koha) need.
Do we need to change ENGINE=InnoDB in our dumps to test?

Regards
To+

P.S: I'm more worried about multi-master setups and that kind of stuff.