[Koha-devel] Koha and MariaDB - lets switch and start testing

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Mon Nov 12 16:31:42 CET 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for your response. I know what MariaDB is, is just that I know
> InnoDB as is does not exist on MariaDB but a replacement (XtraDB)
> which I know does not implement everything InnoDB does. It doesn't
> mean it wouldn't implement everything we (Koha) need.
> Do we need to change ENGINE=InnoDB in our dumps to test?

As I said, I did a simple drop-in replacement of MySQL with MariaDB, making
only a couple of syntactical changes to SQL statements as mentioned. I did
not find it necessary to change the engine type. Again, this was not on a
production system. That said, I never had any problems adding, removing,
editing, searching records during the time I ran MariaDB. I did not dump
and re-import my dbs, though, I let MariaDB run over the DB files MySQL had
created.

I'm not advocating this sort of move untested, only saying that many months
of working over it did not scare up any major issues from my prospective.
Its been quite a while ago, so I could be forgetting something and
certainly ymmv as always.

Kind Regards,
Chris