[Koha-devel] [QA] QAing and signing off

Fischer, Katrin Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de
Mon Nov 26 10:02:06 CET 2012

Hi Marcel and Chris,

I think what you are discussing here is basically the definition of 'Passed QA'. I think setting this status means, that I am sure that a patch works and does not cause any regressions.

I would like QA team members only to set this status, if they are sure. Else what we do is pass this task on to our RM, who is only one person and has to deal with a lot of more work than any individual member of the QA team.

So the next question is, what can we do to be sure something works?

- make sure the patch applies
- make sure it passes all the tests
- step through the coding guidelines and review the code
- do functionality testing
- add our sign-off

If the documentation on the bug is not enough, to make it possible to test or understand what a patch is supposed to do - we should ask for more information.

Everyone misses something sometimes, but that is why we have different people looking at patches. Even with a solid sign-off, there might still be something to catch and there is nothing wrong with missing something or with catching it. :)

Katrin