[Koha-devel] [QA] QAing and signing off

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed Nov 28 16:26:34 CET 2012

Paul,

> All QA members should already have been accessing the quality of
> > patches at least to the same degree as those doing generic sign-offs and
> > really to a greater degree. So as I say, the burden of '-s' is, indeed,
> > trivial.
> What is not-fun is that for string or really trivial changes, the QA is
> also trivial, and applying/signing/attaching the patch is "costly".
>
> Jared, would you be OK to discard this "QA need a signature" for this
> kind of patch ? (reminder: now we have the patch complexity)

I'm not sure what the compelling argument for this would be. When you can
QA a string change by sight off of bugzilla, you can use the following
one-liner: `git-bz -s apply XXXX && git-bz attach -e HEAD`

Indeed, you could even create a git alias, something like: qastring = !sh
-c 'git checkout -b stringy origin/master && git-bz -s apply $0 && git-bz
attach -e HEAD $0 && git branch -D stringy'
That's what I'd do. Well, actually, I'd also have it run the template tests:
qastring = !sh -c 'git checkout -b stringy origin/master && git-bz -s apply
$0 && prove xt/tt_valid.t xt/author/translatable-templates.t
xt/author/valid-templates.t && git-bz attach -e HEAD $0 && git branch -D
stringy'

Bingo! Look at a string patch, and if it looks good you run `git qastring
XXXX` and as part of the upload you can add your QA comments and update the
status. No more work than updating the bug manually, and probably less.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/