[Koha-devel] [QA] QA process

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Nov 28 22:37:50 CET 2012

On 29 November 2012 10:34, Katrin Fischer <Katrin.Fischer.83 at web.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We already agreed some time ago that the patch writer and the patch sign
> offer should not be from the same company/library/party. I would really
> like to extend that rule to also apply for patch writer and QA team
> member. For 3.12 we got a big QA team, which is great, because with all
> the ongoing work we are going to need it. And it also gives us more
> options and flexibility when it comes to these kinds of questions.
>
> I would like to get your opinions on this, can we agree on this new rule?

Not being part of the QA team, but speaking as Release Maintainer, I
think this is a great idea. First up people who are from the same
organisation could comment on the patch, I shouldn't QA this, can
someone else. If no one does step up, or everyone says no I can't. I
think as a last resort we could allow it. But only as a last resort.

Hope this makes sense, and to continue in my habit of quoting Tolkien
for no good reason.
"Short cuts make for long delays." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Chris