[Koha-devel] dselect non-funcitonal on Ubuntu

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:27:06 CEST 2012

El oct 2, 2012 4:56 p.m., "Mason James" <mtj at kohaaloha.com> escribió:

> On 2012-10-3, at 6:53 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 11:33 PM, Mark Tompsett <mtompset at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >> The “good” thing about this bug is that it only affects people who do
git or
> >> tarball installs in a multi-arch environment. That is, it affects us as
> >> developers, not really the average user of Koha who has hopefully been
> >> transitioned to a package install.
> >
> > Any 'new' Ubuntu setup (amd64) is multiarch by default. All our
> > desktops are +4GB RAM and run 64bit OS's. Is not that rare.
> >
> > Multiarch is set when writing in /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d/multiarch the
> > instruction to accept another architecture as foreign:
> > <code>
> > foreign-architecture i386
> > </code>
> >
> > Regards
> > To+
>

> the other workaround might be to disable multiarch, (if its enabled by
default)

Really? To keep the use of dselect in the instructions?

I vote for using another method for installing dependencies. I know its an
overreaction, but I don't get the point of sticking to dselect anyway. If
generating the deps list during install (read using a script for either
triggering apt-get or printing it) is problematic, I'd rather provide qa'd
copy and paste super big apt-get oneliner in the INSTALL.* files.

To+