[Koha-devel] OPAC themes

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:00:05 CEST 2012

> - Use the Bootstrap framework both for the responsive CSS grid and for
> the interface widgets (buttons, menus, etc)--but not be slavish to the
> default Bootstrap design.

As a recent user of Bootstrap, I give this two thumbs up.

> - Use consistent indentation rules on all templates

Totally agreed. What we really need is perltidy for TT files. There is
no such thing, and my attempts to write one have stalled : /

> - Move JavaScript to the bottom of the page (recommended for efficiency)

Agreed. Though modern browsers compensate for this quite well, I
cannot see a reason not to do so anyway.

> - Address the needs of people who want to do customization via CSS and
> JavaScript. To that end I'd love to hear from the people who are doing
> customizations for libraries about their paint points--what aspects of
> the OPAC are difficult to change.

One of the issues with the two OPAC themes is that jquery
customization are largely incompatible between the two. I don't know
if the is reconcilable, but I doubt it.

> I'd like to start working on this, but I think to do it right I think
> we need some shared goals.

Sounds good to me!

Kyle