[Koha-devel] OPAC themes

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Sat Oct 6 01:11:54 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-6, at 12:56 AM, Kyle Hall wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 7:26 AM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
>>> and, bootstrap has great backwards compatibility
>>> -> http://github.com/twitter/bootstrap/wiki/Browser-Compatibility
>>
>> Only works on OS X and Windows??? And Firefox > 5?  I'm pretty
>> sure we've lots of Linux users, probably some tablets and mobiles
>> and probably still Firefox 3.x versions out there.

ok, ok. the 'firefox > 5' point is fair
debian stable is still on firefox-3.5, the next debian release includes firefox-10

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/iceweasel
http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/iceweasel

so, the bad news is that *currently* bootstrap doesn't run on debian-stable's firefox... until the next debian release

> That list cannot be exhaustive. I've been using Bootstrap and I *only*
> view them on Linux machines, and I've never had a problem. I am using
> Kubuntu with Firefox and Chrome. I would assume I'm using the latest
> versions, but I don't try to keep up with the latest versions.

yep, thats been my experience with bootstrap on linux too
(who knows why the bootstrap team didn't add linux and BSD compatibility info)