[Koha-devel] OPAC themes

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sat Oct 6 01:41:44 CEST 2012

At 12:11 PM 10/6/2012 +1300, Mason James wrote:
[snip]
>so, the bad news is that *currently* bootstrap doesn't run on
>debian-stable's firefox... until the next debian release

Also, anyone setting up a library "kiosk" using older hardware (as a
charity on a non-existent budget, we have several of them) is going to be
limited to Firefox 3.5 (possibly 3.6 built on Gecko 1.9.2?) regardless of
later releases. I could dig out my notes, but from memory you can't get a
more recent Firefox (12+, now 15?) to work on a Pentium (or at least with
any degree of ease, reliability, etc) and I also seem to remember that we
came to the same conclusion with Chrome. Opera seemed to be the exception,
but is not (statistically) popular.

While trying to remain in the realm of political correctness, many Koha
users seem to be from "less developed" parts of the world where older
hardware is more common. IE6 is also running into the bottom percentile
range, but still has a good representation in some countries ... I
personally believe that Bootstrap could genuinely offer a lot of potential,
but perhaps not for all users?

Best - Paul