[Koha-devel] Some thoughts from QA team

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Oct 24 11:47:07 CEST 2012

Hi koha-devel,

The 3.10 and 3.12 QA teams ( Mason, Jonathan, Marcel & me, with the
freshly elected Travis, Katrin -and Jared as RM-) have had a discussion
about QA process and would like to propose the 2 following things:

This list would be used for QA related discussions. We had some private
discussions in the last months (mostly about koha-qa.pl tool = should we
add this, remove that,...), and think it's better to have a public
mailing list. [ One thing that worried us is "should we let anyone
subscribe to the list or moderate list subscriptions to avoid non-QA
threads". Not a big deal, but if you've an opinion... ]

 * Change the priority flag use on bugzilla. Currently, this flag is not
really used by anyone. We would like to change it's content to the
following values, to reflect the complexity of a patch:
1- trivial patch template/doc only
2- trivial patch - minor Perl code
3- low risk of side-effect
4- medium risk of side effect, but don't underestimate it
5- High risk of side effect, be very careful !
We would also add a wiki page explaining how to choose the value.
The value can be set by anyone (patch submitter, sign-offer, QA team,
RM), and will just be a helper when someone want to pick up a patch for
testing or QAing.

Comments welcomed.
--
Paul POULAIN