[Koha-devel] Some thoughts from QA team

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Oct 24 11:52:27 CEST 2012

On 24 October 2012 22:47, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
> Hi koha-devel,
>
> The 3.10 and 3.12 QA teams ( Mason, Jonathan, Marcel & me, with the
> freshly elected Travis, Katrin -and Jared as RM-) have had a discussion
> about QA process and would like to propose the 2 following things:

> This list would be used for QA related discussions. We had some private
> discussions in the last months (mostly about koha-qa.pl tool = should we
> add this, remove that,...), and think it's better to have a public
> mailing list. [ One thing that worried us is "should we let anyone
> subscribe to the list or moderate list subscriptions to avoid non-QA
> threads". Not a big deal, but if you've an opinion... ]

Why can't we use the koha-devel list, and/or the bugs themselves ..
what type of mails would be on the qa list that wouldn't be fine on
the koha-devel list?
And if they are patch specific then on the bug itself makes more sense.

I'd definitely like to see any qa discussions public, but I don't see
the need for a new list .. am I missing something?

>  * Change the priority flag use on bugzilla. Currently, this flag is not
> really used by anyone. We would like to change it's content to the
> following values, to reflect the complexity of a patch:
> 1- trivial patch template/doc only
> 2- trivial patch - minor Perl code
> 3- low risk of side-effect
> 4- medium risk of side effect, but don't underestimate it
> 5- High risk of side effect, be very careful !
> We would also add a wiki page explaining how to choose the value.
> The value can be set by anyone (patch submitter, sign-offer, QA team,
> RM), and will just be a helper when someone want to pick up a patch for
> testing or QAing.

I don't see any problem with this.

Chris