[Koha-devel] Migration of list servers to a new server

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Oct 30 12:54:54 CET 2012

Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>
> It's time for our mail server to retire and be replaced by a new
> (virtual) one. The migration will be made during the night (european
> time) of nov 5th. We have a backup MX so no mail should be lost in the
> process. We also will move the history to the new server.
>
> The only possible loss could be in the history, in case a message is
> sent and distributed to the old server once the migration has started. I
> suggest you avoid sending mails during mon 2 tue (european) night.

Cool.  You may be able to avoid loss in history by switching off
incoming mail on both servers a few minutes before the final migration
copy.  Sending mailservers will try again as long as you either don't
answer or send a 451 response code or similar.

I hope that the servers don't celebrate the 5th November like us...
you know what happens over this side of la Manche that night?  ;-)
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:5th_November.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night

In recent years, I've had two strange experiences... flying out of
Auckland and landing in London on the 5th amid explosions...  but
anyway, I won't send mail as I'll be out watching stuff burn. :-D

Regards,