[Koha-devel] Lets improve the Koha installation documentation

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Mon Sep 10 12:25:45 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-10, at 8:00 PM, Paul Poulain wrote:

> Le 10/09/2012 06:18, Mason James a écrit :
>> after a process of elimination, RST was a pretty clear winner, why?
> Hi Mason,
>
> I'm not sure I understand well what you're proposing here : write the
> install doc in RST ?

yep, basically thats it :)

1/ move all the current and correct install doco to a git repo, (converted to .RST)
2/ mark old/obsolete doco as *WARNING - DEPRECIATED*, and redirect to new doco location
  (...or just delete the old doco)++

then, later, consolidate the install-doco into some general files

much of the installation steps are similar for all OS's - lets try to reduce duplication

> rewrite all the doc (including Nicole one) ?

no - i just show that its easy to convert the Koha manual to RST
its Nicole's decision, if she wants to do that :)