[Koha-devel] Please include a test plan for your patches!

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Sep 14 14:52:07 CEST 2012

With Global Bug-Squashing Day in full swing, I want to test some
patches and sign off what I can. The list of
bugs needing signoff
(http://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=Needs%20Signoff&sharer_id=1&list_id=41146)
has no low-hanging fruit, so that makes it really important that every
bug report include a good test plan.

Here are the basics for what I should know after reading the bug report:

1. What the problem is.
2. How to reproduce the problem.
3. What the patch does to solve the problem.
4. What (if any) configuration steps need to be taken after the patch
is applied.
5. What steps to take to test that the patch is working correctly.

A lot of patches seem to be added with only #3, which in some ways is
the least important step from the point of view of people testing.

If you have bug on Paul's list of patches which won't be pushed after
the feature freeze (in the RM newsletter:
http://koha-community.org/koha-release-manager-newsletter-10-2012-08/)
and you want to make sure it can be tested, please add a thorough test
plan!

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer