[Koha-devel] [Koha] 3.8.4 staff main page

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sat Sep 15 18:51:33 CEST 2012

"Redirecting" this to the devel (not user) list

At 06:51 PM 9/14/2012 +0800, MT wrote:
>>The first staff page in 3.8.4 after logging in has a tabbed search box
>>at the top that "defaults" to patron check [out]s - our staff has
>>asked me to change this to the fourth/last tab "catalogue" as they
>>cannot find a "preference" anywhere.
>And this is why a git installation for testing and development would be
>very helpful. You could develop a patch for changing the default ordering
>of the tab in the header_search div, which could be of use to the community.
>The recommended way is to USE JQUERY (javascript). This upgrades with ease
>if done properly.
>Do not modify the perl/template files! This sets you up for an upgrade
>headache.

I am unaware of an *easy* way to write anything in js to accomplish my
staff's request.  However, here's the fix (Mark, if you think this could be
of use to the community as you suggest above, please disseminate it as an
enhancement, bug, whatever ...) which was remarkably easy, once I found the
relevant code. FYI, Firebug does not appear to be of much use tracking down
things like these.

To change the search default of "Check out, Check in, Search patrons,
Search the catalog" in the tabs
at:  <http://koha-admin3/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl> edit
/usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/includes/home-search.inc
and reorder lines 32-35 to put "your preference" at top:

     [% IF ( CAN_user_catalogue ) %]<li><a
href="/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl#catalog_search">Search the
catalog</a></li>[% END %]
     [% IF ( CAN_user_circulate ) %]<li><a
href="/cgi-bin/koha/circ/circulation.pl#circ_search">Check out</a></li>[%
END %]
     [% IF ( CAN_user_circulate ) %]<li><a
href="/cgi-bin/koha/circ/returns.pl#checkin_search">Check in</a></li>[% END %]
     [% IF ( CAN_user_borrowers ) %]<li><a
href="/cgi-bin/koha/members/members-home.pl#patron_search">Search
patrons</a></li>[% END %]

The focus will always be on the first tab.

Best regards,
Paul