[Koha-devel] [Koha] 3.8.4 staff main page

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Sep 17 12:14:15 CEST 2012

Op 15-09-12 18:51, Paul schreef:
> I am unaware of an *easy* way to write anything in js to accomplish my
> staff's request.  However, here's the fix (Mark, if you think this could
> be of use to the community as you suggest above, please disseminate it
> as an enhancement, bug, whatever ...) which was remarkably easy, once I
> found the relevant code. FYI, Firebug does not appear to be of much use
> tracking down things like these.

Mark is right, your fix is a bad idea. Here is how to do it properly.

1) using firebug, determine the ID of the tabs bit, it turns out to be
header_search.

2) look up what this jquery ui-tabs thing is, which will take you to:
http://jqueryui.com/demos/tabs/

3) poke around and see that the 'selected' option looks like the kind of
thing that we might want.

3.5) play around with this in the firebug console to make sure we have
everything right.

4) write the following JS into the intranetuserjs box:
$(function() {
$('#header_search').tabs({selected:2});
});

5) go have a beer because that was pretty quick :)

5.5) apologise to firebug because it was pretty useful after all, then
consider that perhaps you had too many beers, and talking to bits of
software is rarely constructive. Put your phone away so you don't
drunk-dial someone.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.