[Koha-devel] Koha numbering

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Apr 5 15:21:22 CEST 2013

Le 05/04/2013 13:34, Kyle Hall a écrit :
> From what I've I've heard around the water cooler, we won't be switching
> to 4.x until there is some major change to the internal infrastructure
> of Koha ( like Solr support, or perhaps DBIx::Class support ).
The switch from 2.x to 3.x was driven by a functionnal&technical change
(zebra) but also a consequence of me suggesting changing the number,
because originally, it was expected to be 2.4.
The switch from 1.x to 2.x was driven by a functionnal change (MARC support)

> I think if were to ditch the traditional versioning system, that maybe
> the Ubuntu year/month style would. So a major release this month would
> be version 13.04. I'm not endorsing it, it's just a possibility ; )
I suggested this possibility something like 1 year ago, it did not met a
positive feedback.

--
Paul POULAIN - Associé-gérant
Tel : (33) 4 91 81 35 08