[Koha-devel] Koha numbering

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Apr 5 15:26:27 CEST 2013

Le 05/04/2013 14:11, Chris Nighswonger a écrit :
> It seems that any "major" move forward would qualify for a major version
> increment, however. Something like DBIx, the completion of the move from
> C4:: to Koha::, the completion of the move from YUI to bootstrap, etc.
In this case, we could have incremented the major number when the
serials module has been added.

My feeling/opinion is that we should have a clear rule for major version
numbers.
As we have each 6 month a new major release, why not increment the major
number on each of them ?
And as we're about to release 3.12.0, my preference is slowly moving
toward *removing* the 3. and saying each major release get it's major
number. So 12.0, 12.1, 12.2,... then 14.0,...

It's clear, easy to understand for libraries as well as for developers,
(and, bonus positive effect: I won't come back to bore everybody with
this question every year ;-) )

--
Paul POULAIN - BibLibre
http://www.biblibre.com