[Koha-devel] Koha numbering

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Sun Apr 7 00:15:20 CEST 2013

Le 05/04/2013 20:28, Galen Charlton a écrit :
> I don't ask much of version number schemes.  Really just two things:
> first, that they increase from version to version.  Second, that we
> don't spend a great deal of time discussing them. :)
OK, I propose to open a poll to have as many ppl opinion as possible.
The most interested ppl being users/libraries themselves !

The poll would have the following options :
 * keep 3. "forever"
 * keep the 3. until a major functional change is made, like introducing
a new search engine. The numbering change is decided by the Release Manager.
 * drop the 3. and use 14.0, 14.1, 14.2, 16.0, 16.1,...
 * adopt a numbering style with YYYY-MM (2013-11, 2014-05, 2014-11,...)
QUESTION TO THIS LIST, before the poll: for the YYY-MM style, how to
number the maintaince releases ?

2 weeks for voting, same vote method as for KohaCon : option ranked #1=4
points, option ranked #2=3pts, #3=2pts, #4=1pt, you can rank how many
options as you want.
--
Paul POULAIN - Associé-gérant
Tel : (33) 4 91 81 35 08