[Koha-devel] zebraidx segfault

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 28 16:14:42 CEST 2013

Greetings,

Waylon wrote:
---
zebraidx[11218]: segfault at 8000000d ip b65cb24e sp bfa28040 error 4 in libc-2.7.so[b6559000+155000]
this occurs while im trying to do a full reindex / reset.... so the reindexing does not reach completion.
help please! anyone got a clue?
Linux manzoma-prod 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Sun Mar 4 22:19:19 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux
Mem:          2022       1973         49          0         17       1830

just in case its relevant.
---

There’s usually more to the ‘free –m’ output. Lines related to swap space are usually in the next couple of lines. If you have no swap space, you are in bad shape, because anything less than 100 in the free column is generally bad when doing a reindex. Depending on the size of the data being reindexed (e.g. I figure 40K records with 200 free would be squeezing it on a full reindex), you may need to add memory or swap space.

Also, libc-2.7?! I thought libc had a newer version. What architecture are you running on? Perhaps updating your zebra from http://www.indexdata.com/zebra may help? This is just a brainstorming kind of idea, and I don’t know if it is a relevant suggestion.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett