[Koha-devel] zebraidx segfault

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Apr 29 00:56:22 CEST 2013

Mark Tompsett schreef op zo 28-04-2013 om 10:14 [-0400]:
> Mem:          2022       1973         49          0         17       1830

> There’s usually more to the ‘free –m’ output. Lines related to swap
> space are usually in the next couple of lines. If you have no swap
> space, you are in bad shape, because anything less than 100 in the
> free column is generally bad when doing a reindex.

The memory is fine. It actually has 49+17+1830=1896MB of effective free
memory.

libc in debian squeeze is 2.11.3, so 2.7 is old but not horrifically so.

The missing information is:
* what distro?
* what version of zebra?
* how was it installed?

Most likely the solution is to upgrade to a newer zebra and probably a
newer distribution. It's probably an untested combination that's in use
here. We can't really diagnose this too deeply, my suggestion would be
run the zebraidx commands by hand with full debugging on and see if that
provides any clues. In the past, but not for a long time now, I've seen
dodgy records crash zebra.

Failing all this, the zebra list is really the next port of call. Few
people here are zebra experts.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.