[Koha-devel] ping Koha (developers) community

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 20:53:54 CET 2013

> I can understand that Galen does not always have the time to examine each
> patch when it enters PQA. But I would really like to see here more-or-less
> FIFO (first in, first out). First out could of course mean Failed QA or
> Discussion, but at least a change of state with some comments. The current
> situation, leaving them in PQA for long without any visible activity, does
> not motivate developers. (The FIFO rule would be fair also for the QA team,
> and even for signing off (bug wranglers !).. ) A FIFO rule should perhaps
> lower rebasing time too? When I joined the QA team, I did more or less
> adhere to FIFO when QAing, but the current workflow made me leave that
> approach.. If I have the idea that a patch set will probably go to sleep in
> PQA (without obvious reasons for failing it), I will not start QA on it
> either.

I concur with the caveat that bugs should always trump enhancements! So the
queue should be ordered by bug severity, and by age within those severity
groups. For example, right now I see a bug fix that I submitted first at
the end of last year, and the last iteration in June, that still needs
signed off!

Kyle