[Koha-devel] Architectural goals for 3.16

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Dec 11 14:53:38 CET 2013

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Liz Rea <liz at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:

> IE 7 is only available in Windows XP, which is due to be end of life in
> April 2014.

Something I think also gets lost in the discussion: Just because
someone is still running Windows XP doesn't mean they're using IE 7.
The latest versions of Firefox and Chrome work fine on WinXP. Dropping
support for IE 7 means only dropping support for that small subset of
WinXP users who are still running IE 7.

Let's let the real statistics tell the story. As far as my library
goes, IE 7 traffic over the last year was .7% of all visits. FF 3.x
traffic during the same period was .8%.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer