[Koha-devel] Prices and tax in koha

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Dec 17 17:13:03 CET 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 01:43:03PM +0000, BOUIS Sonia wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a French librarian working at the University Lyon3 and in charge of  Koha.
> I want to know your feelings about the prices processing in koha and the question of the tax.

One of the problems is that there is a lot of ad hoc price calculation
(and recalculation) going on. In the code it is quite hard to rely on
the values in the various fields (or to be certain that they are being
used correctly). A first step would be to have a number of number of
well defined/documented methods to get/set price. I'm sure if we had a
better interface to order prices then issues of policy would be
clarified and possibly reduced to a question of configuration switches.

Cheers
Colin

--
Colin Campbell