[Koha-devel] Prices and tax in koha

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Tue Dec 17 16:47:11 CET 2013

At 01:43 PM 12/17/2013 +0000, BOUIS Sonia wrote:
> >[snip]
>My suggestion is to stock all the price including tax

I would prefer a "choice" -- maybe it's very specific, but our auditors are
clear that for a Canadian charity there are tax implications and we must
stock without taxes (historical values are fixed regardless of tax levels
[0-13%], without which we would have to do a complete stock take and
re-appraisal every year -- for any accountants out there, I'm told this is
called "expensing.")

>and to calculate the price in the budget and in all the displaying tables
>according to the preferences in the vendor. I think, all the scripts of
>calculation and the template for displaying tables have to be correct.

Consistency is highly desirable...

Best - Paul