[Koha-devel] Zebra re-indexing issue

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Feb 14 01:09:11 CET 2013

On 14 February 2013 12:38, Paul <paul.a at aandc.org> wrote:
> At 06:42 AM 2/14/2013 +1300, Chris Cormack wrote:
>
> The important thing to ask before recommending anything like this is did you
> install via the packages or not.
> Given the initial email containing commands that are provided by the
> packages, I am pretty sure it's a package install. In that case definitely
> do NOT try what Paul suggests it will only make things worse.
>

> My apologies Chris, and thanks for catching it. But I'm very curious as to
> why this might be hazardous in a package environment (we're tarball users as
> I think you know.)
>
> I have to re-index at least once an hour when our cataloguers are working
> (see bug 9511) and there might be others like me. Does Zebra from a
> "package" install catch the deleted/overwritten biblios? I genuinely had
> missed any announcement of Zebra functionality being different - mea culpa.

It isn't but that is not how you reindex with packages, the packages
provide commands to reindex that make sure it is run with the correct
permissions. (You can have multiple Koha instances easily on a
packaged install)

So running the rebuild_zebra.pl command by hand will most likely
result in screwing up the permissions.

> Thanks and best regards - Paul
>
> P.S. I would add that Dr Rostam's library system is still giving a 404 for
> any search, so maybe someone else can assist him?

With a lot more information someone could, what exact version of Koha
are they running, what flavour of MARC, has someone changed the
frameworks? etc

Chris