[Koha-devel] Bug 8641

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Jan 23 00:42:33 CET 2013

This bug was signed off a few weeks ago, and is designed to produce a
"warning" in the "About" page covering staff use of Koha (not sure if this
covers all flag settings down from superlibrarian or if it applies to 3.8.
as well as 3.10?) logging in as either "root", "admin (mysql) account" or
"database administrative user."

I seem to remember (but could be wrong) that after a new 3.8 install, Koha
created a "new user", number 0, which was problematic and as far as I can
tell exhibited the signs that the warning covers (I have tried to read all
details in bugs 8641, 8262 and 9008 plus some references to IRC.)

Maybe I'm paranoid, but could someone please clarify how far any problems
might extend. If someone sets up a *new* Koha superlibrarian account using
the same name/password as system (sudo) user and/or with all MySql
privileges, permission tables should not interfere with one another, or
overlap, even when identical user/pw combinations are used.

Surely this would only apply if staff-user is "koha" or whatever other name
was explicitly granted MySql privileges during/immediately after Koha
installation.

Am I mistaken?

Thanks and best regards,
Paul