[Koha-devel] Bug 8641

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed Jan 23 00:48:09 CET 2013

Paul,

This bug was signed off a few weeks ago, and is designed to produce a
> "warning" in the "About" page covering staff use of Koha (not sure if this
> covers all flag settings down from superlibrarian or if it applies to 3.8.
> as well as 3.10?) logging in as either "root", "admin (mysql) account" or
> "database administrative user."
>
> I seem to remember (but could be wrong) that after a new 3.8 install, Koha
> created a "new user", number 0, which was problematic and as far as I can
> tell exhibited the signs that the warning covers (I have tried to read all
> details in bugs 8641, 8262 and 9008 plus some references to IRC.)

You are. User "0" is the database administrative user. Do not use it for
anything other than initial installation and upgrades. Ever.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/