[Koha-devel] Bug 8641

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jan 23 22:48:59 CET 2013

Archives and Collections Society schreef op wo 23-01-2013 om 10:57
[-0500]:
> As far as I can see (using getent passwd | cut -d : -f 1 | xargs
> groups)

It's worth noting that there is absolutely, completely no relationship
between UNIX system users and Koha or MySQL users. Never the twain shall
meet.

When you log in with your database username and database password (i.e.,
the same thing you would use if you typed
"mysql -u username -ppassword koha") then you are user 0. However, as
user 0 doesn't have an entry in the borrowers database, anything that
tries to look you up, or otherwise reference your record will get
terribly confused.

For our client Koha systems, I only ever user that user for doing quick
and dirty things, changing some admin settings, looking at the state of
something, creating initial borrowers. Anything more complex than that
is likely to have conniptions.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.