[Koha-devel] install all locales to install Koha::Contrib::Tamil

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 13:49:40 CET 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 6:18 AM, Zeno Tajoli <z.tajoli at cineca.it> wrote:

> Hi Tomas,
>
> Il 23/01/2013 18:47, Tomas Cohen Arazi ha scritto:
> > The package is included in squeeze-dev repo that eythian maintains i
> > think. If you are using tar or dev installs you cuold give a try to the
> > koha-index-daemon-ctl.sh script like this:
> >
> > # ln -s /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-index-daemon-ctl.sh
> > /etc/init.d/koha-index-daemon
> > # update-rc.d koha-index-daemon defaults
> > # service koha-index-daemon start
> >
> > and let me know how did it work for you.
>
> I'm try to use it.
> In general I prefer to use sudo /etc/init.d/koha-index-daemon start.
> Normaly I dont' use the sysvconfig package.
>
> Well in the file koha-index-daemon-ctl.sh I see those lines:
>
> USER=__KOHA_USER__
> GROUP=__KOHA_GROUP__
> DBNAME=__DB_NAME__
>
> I use the 3.10.2, this script is not present so I download it from git
> archive.
> The values USER and GROUP are quite easy but could you explain main the
> meaning of DBNAME ?
> I think it is the name of MySQL db, but I'm not sure.

If you installed from master, DBNAME should be the database name for
that Koha instance. In fact it is intended to clearly separate one
instance's script from the other (script name, working dir, etc).

> An other question:
> Do you think is correct to use this script and Koha::Contrib::Tamil
> to setup different index daemons on the same HW ?

This script is just a valid (LSB) init script for
Koha::Contrib::Tamil's daemon you can use for each instance you
install via the usual procedure. Once it was pushed into master i was
waiting for somefeedback prior to documenting it more publicly. My
goal was to simplify the darkest bit of a Koha setup for the general
public.

> For every Koha installation a different linux user, a different mysql db
> and user, differnt dirs, different envs an different index daemon in
> /etc/init.d/.
> But one daemon work only on one koha installation.
> Do you think it work ?

We have used (another less polished version of) this init script in
our 38+ instances setup for almost two years. First, with the daemon I
wrote a while ago, and then moved to Tamil's as it was favoured by the
dev community.

Regards
To+