[Koha-devel] install all locales to install Koha::Contrib::Tamil

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Thu Jan 24 13:18:21 CET 2013

Hi Tomas,

Il 23/01/2013 18:47, Tomas Cohen Arazi ha scritto:
> The package is included in squeeze-dev repo that eythian maintains i
> think. If you are using tar or dev installs you cuold give a try to the
> koha-index-daemon-ctl.sh script like this:
>
> # ln -s /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-index-daemon-ctl.sh
> /etc/init.d/koha-index-daemon
> # update-rc.d koha-index-daemon defaults
> # service koha-index-daemon start
>
> and let me know how did it work for you.

I'm try to use it.
In general I prefer to use sudo /etc/init.d/koha-index-daemon start.
Normaly I dont' use the sysvconfig package.

Well in the file koha-index-daemon-ctl.sh I see those lines:

USER=__KOHA_USER__
GROUP=__KOHA_GROUP__
DBNAME=__DB_NAME__

I use the 3.10.2, this script is not present so I download it from git
archive.
The values USER and GROUP are quite easy but could you explain main the
meaning of DBNAME ?
I think it is the name of MySQL db, but I'm not sure.

An other question:
Do you think is correct to use this script and Koha::Contrib::Tamil
to setup different index daemons on the same HW ?

For every Koha installation a different linux user, a different mysql db
and user, differnt dirs, different envs an different index daemon in
/etc/init.d/.
But one daemon work only on one koha installation.
Do you think it work ?

Bye
Zeno Tajoli
--
Dr. Zeno Tajoli
Dipartimento Gestione delle Informazioni e della Conoscenza
z.tajoli at cineca.it
fax +39 02 2135520
CINECA - Sede operativa di Segrate