[Koha-devel] anyone have plans to update Koha's MARC21 framework?

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Mon Jun 3 23:24:59 CEST 2013

>> PS:
>> 1) Why we use tag legends in uppercase?, I hate that
>
> yep, me too. this is a bug
>

>> 	3) In many tag legends we use 2 dashes '--' as separator, in LOC pages only one dash '-'
>
> yes, another bug :)

aah, i see the problem here… :)
there are two versions of the MARC21 spec, on LOC's website - with some differences

one version has tag info as UPPERCASE, with two dashes '--'
 http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/ecbdlist.html

	'611 - SUBJECT ADDED ENTRY--MEETING NAME (R)'

the other version has tag info as 'Mixed Case', with one dash '-'
 http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd611.html

	'611 - Subject Added Entry-Meeting Name (R)'

like you, i prefer 'Mixed Case' - but thats just me :)