[Koha-devel] db from 3.8.5 to 3.8.10

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Thu Mar 7 17:54:20 CET 2013

I found a [minor?] problem with the 3.8.10 tarball on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS on
my sandbox after restoring a 3.8.5 mysql dump from our production box, at
which point 'installer' does its magic.  All the biblios appear to transfer
correctly ('mysql> select biblionumber from biblio;' gave identical
results; same with author, etc.) The standard CRON job runs successfully.

Problem: a small number of biblios "went missing" in 3.8.10. It *seemed* to
be limited to 'serials' but I can't be sure, as I could only find them on a
'hit or miss basis' -- in fact I only found the first one accidentally:
e.g. a biblio and three items for the serial Flugsport could not be found
by title, by author, by Barcode, by author in authorities ... even "No
results match your search for 'biblionumber=19762' in NMA Catalog."  Yet,
run a Koha report:

SELECT * FROM biblioitems, biblio, items WHERE biblio.biblionumber=19762
AND biblioitems.biblionumber=19762 AND items.biblionumber=19762

and everything was there, including the blobs, MARC, XML ...

A full c/l re-index -a -r -v and -b -r -v -x solves the problem. As I can
reproduce this behaviour (by restoring the same dump) is there anything
helpful that I could look into?  Could this be related to Bug 9511? The fix
does not appear to work for me, I've just updated bugzilla.

Thanks - Paul