[Koha-devel] db from 3.8.5 to 3.8.10

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Thu Mar 7 18:04:45 CET 2013

Paul,

I found a [minor?] problem with the 3.8.10 tarball on Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS on
> my sandbox after restoring a 3.8.5 mysql dump from our production box, at
> which point 'installer' does its magic.  All the biblios appear to transfer
> correctly ('mysql> select biblionumber from biblio;' gave identical
> results; same with author, etc.) The standard CRON job runs successfully.
>
> Problem: a small number of biblios "went missing" in 3.8.10. It *seemed*
> to be limited to 'serials' but I can't be sure, as I could only find them
> on a 'hit or miss basis' -- in fact I only found the first one
> accidentally: e.g. a biblio and three items for the serial Flugsport could
> not be found by title, by author, by Barcode, by author in authorities ...
> even "No results match your search for 'biblionumber=19762' in NMA
> Catalog."  Yet, run a Koha report:
>
> SELECT * FROM biblioitems, biblio, items WHERE biblio.biblionumber=19762
> AND biblioitems.biblionumber=19762 AND items.biblionumber=19762
>
> and everything was there, including the blobs, MARC, XML ...
>
> A full c/l re-index -a -r -v and -b -r -v -x solves the problem. As I can
> reproduce this behaviour (by restoring the same dump) is there anything
> helpful that I could look into?  Could this be related to Bug 9511? The fix
> does not appear to work for me, I've just updated bugzilla.

This doesn't sound like a bug. When restoring a dump you *must* completely
reindex from the command line. Always. There are no exceptions.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/