[Koha-devel] [Koha-translate] Translator tool, changing ?

Mirko 5p4m at gmx.de
Thu Mar 7 17:57:33 CET 2013

D Ruth Bavousett schrieb am 07.03.2013

> As a non-translating tool-wielding person, I'll just say that I'm willing
> to support whatever tool you folks need!    I'd like to hear from some
> other prominent translators on this!
>
> -Ruth
>
> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello koha-devel & koha-translate,
>>
>> Users translating Koha to french are regularly reporting that pootle is
>> a poor tool, not very efficient.
>> Someone suggested transifex, that is free for OpenSource softwares
>> (https://www.transifex.com)

Without having tried it, I don't like the SaaS-only approach of
Transifex, and I especially do not like it in conjunction with the
slogan »Take control of your localization experience«.

There is no way we can just switch the translation platform. I'm all
for trying alternatives as I agree Pootle is not much fun to work
with, but those should be tested carefully. And I would really
prefer a platform under our control over one that only claims to be
and looks like it is the opposite.

-- Mirko