[Koha-devel] db from 3.8.5 to 3.8.10

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Thu Mar 7 19:53:54 CET 2013

At 12:04 PM 3/7/2013 -0500, Jared Camins-Esakov wrote:
>Paul,
[snip]
>>The standard CRON job runs successfully.
[snip]
>>A full c/l re-index -a -r -v and -b -r -v -x solves the problem. As I can
>>reproduce this behaviour (by restoring the same dump) is there anything
>>helpful that I could look into? Â Could this be related to Bug 9511? The
>>fix does not appear to work for me, I've just updated bugzilla.
>
>This doesn't sound like a bug. When restoring a dump you *must* completely
>reindex from the command line. Always. There are no exceptions.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. After restoring the dump and running 'installer',
the -z -x CRON functions with 99% [???] accuracy. What I'm looking at is
any possible "similarity" of Zebra behaviour to try and get the CRON
working in 3.8.10 which is reported on bugzilla 9511 to be functional for
two libraries that have updated from 3.8.5, but does not (for me) resolve
the problem of deleted biblios, nor of overwriting an existing biblio with
a Z39.50 import.

I've been chasing around after a solution for a couple of days (part time)
with no success whatsoever. Maybe I'm grasping at straws?

Our volunteers are adding 150-200 biblios per day, 7/7, many of which are
Z39.50 "overwriting" of embryonic data from previously importing
spreadsheets into 3.4.6, and regrouping items (particularly serials) under
a single biblio.  I find that I'm asked about once an hour on average to
"completely re-index" and am somewhat desperate to find a programmatic
solution.

I appreciate any/all suggestions.

Best - Paul