[Koha-devel] Feedback from french translation team about transifex

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Mar 29 14:12:20 CET 2013

Hello translators,

During the hackfest in Marseille, 2 people worked on transifex with
french translations. Their opinion is that we *must* leave pootle in
favour of transifex.
Both tools shouldn't be compared in terms of usability, features, speed
of use,...

What's the next step ? How could we reach an agreement on using this
tool instead of pootle ?
It seems a transifex server can be setup from github or we could decide
to use transifex.com directly, (which is free of charge for OpenSource
projects)

My opinion here is that we could stard with transifex.com, as we can
always download all translations, we can easily deal with any evil
change, but I'm open to others arguments (and I don't apply to manage
all the translation things, so our translation manager has an important
opinion ;-) )

--
Paul POULAIN - BibLibre
http://www.biblibre.com