[Koha-devel] biblio and biblioitems

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri May 3 18:24:47 CEST 2013

Le 03/05/2013 16:38, Galen Charlton a écrit :
> [2] Even if we merge the tables, I think we should still keep the
> marcxml column in its own table, e.g., one called biblio_metadata:
>
> CREATE TABLE biblio_metadata (
>    biblio_metadata_id INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT; -- for the future!
>    biblionumber INTEGER,
>    metadata_type VARCHAR(10), -- for the future!
>    blob LONGTEXT NOT NULL,
>    -- and relevant FK contraints
> );
+1 for this idea.
It would be our first step to a full support of FRBR : biblio(items)
containing only "basic" information, that are absolutely required
everywhere and that should not require any meta-data decoding while the
biblio_metadata would contain the raw record.
The metadata_type telling how it must be accessed.

--
Paul POULAIN - BibLibre
http://www.biblibre.com