[Koha-devel] biblio and biblioitems

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri May 3 17:54:18 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Mathieu Saby
<mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr> wrote:
> Galen Charlton a écrit :
> Maybe the problem is the way some subs are written, getting all the columns
> of biblio and biblioitems ?
> If they do not contain SELECT * but SELECT a,b,c,d..., is it necessary to
> put marcxml in an other table ?
>
> I know quite nothing in SQL, so excuse me if it is a bad question...

No, that's a good question.  Specifying only the columns needed for a
given query does indeed reduce the amount of data that gets moved
around.  On the other hand, there are a few core queries that need
everything from biblio and biblioitems *except* the marcxml, so for
those cases writing "SELECT *" is easier than having to update the
query every time a column is added.

Regards,

Galen
--