[Koha-devel] a suggestion for signing-off patches?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri May 3 22:30:48 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Mason James <mtj at kohaaloha.com> wrote:
> i find it reassuring when QA-ing a bug, to have someone say explicitly that they have tested that patch
> considering how quick it is to make a sign-off comment, i think its worth the extra effort (just my opinion)
>
> thats the only real reason :)

I am not unsympathetic about wanting additional reassurance that folks
who sign off patches are doing so mindfully, but adding a comment
requirement doesn't provide any more information to the QA team than
the signoff itself does, nor does it offer any additional guarantee
that the signer-off did so properly.

> it also reduces the possibility that people might accidentally sign-off a patch, *without* testing that patch

It is indeed easy to accidentally let a Signed-off-by line slip into a
patch.  But I don't think it is easy to accidentally sign off on a
patch: the difference is that one has to take an active step (via
git-bz or other means) to post your signoff.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton