[Koha-devel] Continue maintenance of 3.8?

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Mon Nov 4 10:19:31 CET 2013

At 07:38 AM 11/4/2013 +1300, Chris Cormack wrote:
>On 2 November 2013 09:07, Paul A <paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com> wrote:
> > At 02:31 PM 11/1/2013 -0400, Owen Leonard wrote:
> >> Does this mean you're volunteering to be release maintainer for 3.8.x?
> > If you'll accept a geriatric with a Ph.D. in Pure Maths (the term "computer
> > sciences" hadn't been invented in 1964), with no experience of a "lending"
> > library (14 years running a reference library) and who is always
> > opinionated, occasionally not very diplomatic (so I'm told) - yes.
> >
>If you can find your way around git, and can test patches, then all
>good. Put your name on the wiki

Can test patches -- now have a dedicated 64 bit sandbox for Koha running
Ubuntu LTS (quad core, 8 gigs RAM, bags of disk space.)  The only caveat
(as above) is that testing anything concerning specifically *lending*
libraries might pose problems.

Never used git; I have googled, and found the official [?] manual at
<http://git-scm.com/docs/user-manual.html>, but you may have other
suggestions. I'll try and clone the Koha git repository (if that's the
correct expression) over the next little while and let you know how I get on.

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong: when 3.14 comes out 3.8 will be "old"
and perhaps more or less fall off the edge of the world (like 3.6 at
<http://download.koha-community.org/>?) so are we talking about product
enhancements/new features? all bugs? or security patches (critical bugs) only?

Best - Paul