[Koha-devel] Jenkins status [was Jenkins build is back to stable : Koha_master #1475]

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at biblibre.com
Mon Nov 4 16:12:21 CET 2013

Galen,

First, thank you for this complete answer.

> I think some tweaking is needed for that proposal.  It's one thing to have
> Jenkins reset its database(s) before running a build, but I feel strongly
> that we should encourage ordinary developers to feel free to run prove -v
> t/db_dependent/whatever.t at any time against their main development
> database.  We're pretty close to that being safe now, and once all of the
> DB-dependent tests run in a transaction, it will be safe enough for a
> developer to run any and all of the tests at will.

I don't think we are closed to offer a testing suite available for all
data. We are strongly dependent on data.
Examples: library, framework, etc.
For the moment the unit tests don't work at all with an UNIMARC DB.
For new developers and testers, it is important to know how launching
unit tests.
With this script, we will tell them:
"launch build_a_db_for_ut.pl and launch a prove on any .t file and
tests should pass!"

> That's not to say that there shouldn't be scripts available for a developer
> to set up a separate testing database and easily reset it at will, too, but
> I don't think they belong as a mandatory test under t/db_dependent.

Yes, you are right. In misc/devel?

> If there are specific tests that you've noticed that aren't being run,
> please enumerate them and I can adjust the Jenkins config.

At least all files in a directory in t/db_dependent:
t/db_dependent/Acquisition/*
t/db_dependent/Circulation/*
t/db_dependent/Items/*
t/db_dependent/Members/*