[Koha-devel] [Jenkins] dependencies installed on jenkins.koha-community.org

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri Nov 15 23:30:28 CET 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Paul A <paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com>wrote:

> Is there any operational overhead (apart from disk storage) penalty from
> having unused perl packages installed? (I've googled around, but have not
> found any real answer.)

No.

> In other words, for sandbox use, looking at all versions say from 3.8 up,
> should unused packages be removed for testing comparative efficiency,
> speed, etc of a single version?

No.

> Are there any packages where "older" perl is required for "older" Koha?

Not at present, and although it's not completely under our control,
hopefully we'll never run into this in the future.

> If not (and I get the impression that there is probably nothing
> detrimental), is there a "master" list of all perl modules across the Koha
> spectrum?  Or is this an impossible dream?

A list of Koha's Perl dependencies has been maintained for years, actually,
and is to be found in the file C4/Installer/PerlDependencies.pm in the
source tree.

Regards,

Galen
--