[Koha-devel] About the term "term"

Mathieu Saby mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr
Wed Nov 20 16:26:27 CET 2013

Hi

And if I suggest to rethink completely the way the strings to translate
are generated, I suppose you will eject me as troll ? :-)
Or maybe you will ask if I have 1 million $ to put on the table ?

A lot of english words can be nouns or verbs (in imperative form for
ex.). In french and other languages, they need to have different
translations, but that's not possible
And in PO we have a lot of pseudo-strings  like '%s %s' or big xml
snippets (from ilsdi), or CSS classes, etc. Sometime it is obvious it is
not to translate, sometimes not...
Translating Koha seems quite hard compared to other projects where
strings are stored in variables, or where only strings that need to be
translated are in the PO.

Regards,
Mathieu

Galen Charlton a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 4:34 AM, Paul Poulain
> <paul.poulain at biblibre.com <mailto:paul.poulain at biblibre.com>> wrote:
>
>     How could we change one of the 2 "terms" to have different words, and
>     correct translations ?
>

> For the English templates, I would suggest using "academic term" in
> the course reserves module.
>
> Regards,
>
> Galen
> --
> Galen Charlton
> Manager of Implementation
> Equinox Software, Inc. / The Open Source Experts
> email:  gmc at esilibrary.com <mailto:gmc at esilibrary.com>
> direct: +1 770-709-5581
> cell:   +1 404-984-4366
> skype:  gmcharlt