[Koha-devel] Hackfest update #1

Mathieu Saby mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr
Mon Oct 21 09:32:17 CEST 2013

Galen Charlton a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Here are some notes from the first day of hackfest:
>

> * Several folks had a lengthy discussion about various issues
> regarding search and indexing.  A couple short-term projects initiated
> today include dealing with a bug concerning retrieving oversize ISO
> 2709 records from Zebra and a project to switch facet calculation over
> to using Zebra's built-in faceting.

Hi
I read in old messages of Zebra list (msg from Henri Damien Laurent and
other Koha dev), whose general thrust was that Zebra built-in facets
were not working well for strings with diacritics, or maybe with ICU.
https://www.google.fr/search?q=facets+zebra+icu+site:lists.indexdata.dk&client=firefox-a&hs=9nq&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&channel=fflb
Is it still true?
I don't see any improvement about facets in Zebra changelog
(http://www.indexdata.com/zebra/doc/NEWS), except "Facets can now be
performed on sort registers (:s), not just regular indexes (:w, :p)
etc.." (2008).
Did you consider working with Indexdata on that issue?

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Saby
Service d'Informatique Documentaire