[Koha-devel] Hackfest update #1

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Mon Oct 21 14:38:55 CEST 2013

Mathieu,

I read in old messages of Zebra list (msg from Henri Damien Laurent and
> other Koha dev), whose general thrust was that Zebra built-in facets were
> not working well for strings with diacritics, or maybe with ICU.
> https://www.google.fr/search?**q=facets+zebra+icu+site:lists.**
> indexdata.dk&client=firefox-a&**hs=9nq&rls=org.mozilla:fr:**
> official&channel=fflb<https://www.google.fr/search?q=facets+zebra+icu+site:lists.indexdata.dk&client=firefox-a&hs=9nq&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&channel=fflb>
> Is it still true?

No. I demonstrated that it works fine now. I used ICU and a search for
German records returned facets with properly encoded umlauts. The changes
that you note in 2.0.34 may be what makes it work, but I'm actually not
sure that we didn't just always have Zebra configured incorrectly, using
tokenized indexes rather than untokenized indexes.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/