[Koha-devel] XML::Simple or YAML for read config files ?

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Mon Sep 23 15:44:49 CEST 2013

Hi to all,

Il 21/09/2013 19:30, Galen Charlton ha scritto:

> The nit about XML processors aside, how complicated is the structure of
> the configuration data you need to express?  And how frequently would a
> human need to look at it?  If the configuration you need to express
> boils down to a hash map, I suggestion a simple key-value format such as
> a properties file or even an INI file.
>
> Also, is there anything preventing the configuration from living in the
> database?

the structure to express is not much complex, it is a configuration for
solr, to browse indexes.

The config is called every time a specific opac page is called.
With this request, probably I have two options:
-- Insert a specific section in koha-conf.xml
-- Create a new table for config. It is impossible to use a system
preference.

I think that for Plack those are the option, I can't use a file on file
system.

Between YAML and XML I prefer XML, you need to see it, to edit it and it
is connect with solr config that is done wit XML.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

--
Dr. Zeno Tajoli
Dipartimento Gestione delle Informazioni e della Conoscenza
z.tajoli at cineca.it
fax +39 02 2135520
CINECA - Sede operativa di Segrate